Getting started to Gitopia!

Hey there, Welcome to Gitopia!

If you are here, you might have already started with Gitopia. If you haven’t yet, here is a quick guide to get you started right away!

tl;dr the complete info is available on https://docs.gitopia.com/ and video guide is available at Gitopia - Code Collaboration for Web3 - YouTube

• Introduction: Get an introduction to Gitopia, its features, and know why Gitopia is necessary for a market primarily dominated by centralized code collaboration platforms.

• Wallet: Connecting to a Gitopia Wallet is necessary to do any task on Gitopia. The wallet will also act as your user account. Users need a Gitopia Wallet to store or transact using LORE(Gitopia’s native utility token). Learn how to create a new wallet or load your existing Gitopia wallet in this section. You will have 4 options to create wallets at Gitopia
    Ledger - High security (Recommended), Keplr wallet- Medium security, Ledger + Keplr - High security (Recommended) and Backup wallet on your device - Low security

• Repository: You can create a repository on Gitopia to store and collaborate on your project’s files. Gitopia provides its users with censorship-resistant permanent storage for their git repositories. Learn how to create a new repository on Gitopia in this section.

• Collaborative Workflows Collaborative Workflows like Issues, Forks, and Pull Requests enable you to easily collaborate with other users worldwide on various projects. Learn how to create issues, fork a repository and collaborate with pull requests on their respective sections in the documentation.

• DAO: The DAO at Gitopia is focused on value chain creation and acts as a tool for communities to measure and reward value creation. DAOs at Gitopia would provide a decentralized code management tool for people and institutions that do not know nor trust each other.

• Git Tutorial: At the heart of Gitopia is an open-source version control system (VCS) called Git. To get started using gitopia, it is important to have a basic knowledge of how to use Git.

• Get Help: Explore self-serve and interactive help resources. Connect directly to our core team through the community channels. [Gitopia] (Gitopia)

• FAQ:: Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to get answers to your most pressing questions.

1 Like

easy use
very comfortable

2 Likes

Hello . This is the project I’ve been waiting for for a long time. First of all, I completed the test net without any problems. The transactions were very fast. I didn’t have any problems with this. but I encountered some problems while creating account and wallet on the website. I couldn’t get the seed words while creating the wallet. In addition, the interface of the website should be improved. I have no doubt that there will be many innovations in the future. We have to go a long way in this regard. It is a very good idea to create our own database and repository. It’s great that it’s decentralized. The whole world needs this.

1 Like